Ladrillos (was SqueakCore System [proposal])

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Tue Aug 22 19:54:59 UTC 2006

Hi Edgar,

That's great that you are trying to create packages for the kernel
image but remember that the image shloud be consistent after loading -
empty Undeclared etc. I don't know why you need to have FileList or
MessageTally in this package.

I think that we need better packaging system - maybe something like
Gentoo has. Packages use property named "use flags" that tell that for
example MessageTally package may be compiled with the compression
support.

Does anybody know next good packaging systems we can learn from?

-- Pavel