Image Unique Identifier

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Wed Aug 23 00:26:06 UTC 2006

Hi Craig,

We have an implemntation of SecureRandom which I am very comfortable with.
It uses TripleDES to achieve a random distribution which should be very
close to random noise.  Chris worked on it based on the suggestions from
Bruce Schneier in "Practical Cryptography".

The major issue for me is not finding a random key, I'm ok with that, my
worry is how to protect that key inside the image, or how to append image
instance information to that key so that only the running image can retrieve
information encrypted with that key.

Basically I'm afraid of Spoon!  If you can copy my objects and move them,
then I need to protect against that by making sure decryption is dependent
on something unique to the instance of the running image.

Ron