Scripting syntax: all expressions or declarations?

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 15:57:40 UTC 2006

On 8/23/06, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> Why on earth does it need to be human readable?

Hmm, because we're humans?

> We can read it into a 'script runner' image.

How do you run a particular script from command line or another script
in bash/ruby/perl ?

>   when examined in a text editor? Text editors are *so* last century.

Isn't Smalltalk older than emacs?

And text editors are still the main tool among non-smalltalkers.
Smalltalk scripting is about hiding the image aspect of Smalltalk: one
weird thing less to get used to in the short term should ease the
transition from traditional languages.

--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more