Scripting syntax: all expressions or declarations?

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 22:38:24 UTC 2006

On 8/23/06, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire2006 at laposte.net> wrote:
> In one hand I really understand Tim position:
> what does it mean to edit Smalltalk code in a flat text file?
> Is it still Smalltalk as it is done outside of the Smalltalk IDE?

That's kind my point... the chunk syntax is not really practical
compared to sth like ruby. Probably just because it's unclear what the
! means (is it a separator for method declarations and an delimiter
for methodsFor: directives ?

> (which may explain why GNU-Smalltalk is so unsuccessfull...)

there are so many things that could explain (un)success... why is ruby
successful ?

> Nevertheless, doing scripting with Smalltalk is really appealing.

How do you do it currently ?

(heh, seems I like rhetorical questions :)
--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more