Work to be done

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 06:28:36 UTC 2006

2006/8/23, stéphane ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch>:

> > Hi,
> >    is there a page with all the 'pending' things to do with Squeak?
> > or ideas to implement, etc?.
> >    The reason I'm making this question is because in our course
> > (Advance Object Oriented Design, at the University of Buenos Aires)
> > we give students assigments to do in a three to four months time
> > frame and we ran out of ideas....
>
> Easy just ask :)
>
>         - take gutenberg the pretty printer and improve it
>         - try to make a pretty printer while you type
>         - how to get an AST so that we can reproduce the source completely
> (with space)
>         - take pier and improve it
>                 - for example check and improve the XML serialization

You can take ideas from here:
http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/advanceddesignlabs/
(most of the stuff was done for SmallWiki2 and currently does not work on Pier)

>         - check all the refactorings of RB in Squeak and improve them

Make sure they work with traits (eg. ClassTraits are currently broken).
Refactorings for traits would definitely be cool.

> new lint rules

Here again, make sure they work with traits (again pay attention to
classtraits).
Lint rules for traits would definitely be cool.

Philippe