Outliner [was: BUG]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Fri Aug 25 08:36:25 UTC 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:46:39 +0200, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> I have tested it on Squeak 3.8

Yes indeed, it starts in Squeak 3.8 :)

> without problems.

A typical developer understatement ;-)

Pavel, I have a working compiler for slot objects in Squeak (even a
runtime), works "without problems". It does recursive descent parsing, so
the developer has control and can debug (versus: it works in theory but
YACC and friends' support for error reporting is terrible).

I am about to adapt my system to make use of the #closures messages
category of CompiledMethod (Squeak 3.9).

What are your intentions with Marvin:

a - support Smalltalk syntax only
b - support implicit-self sends
c - support message cascading with ; (I do so)

and, besides explicit redirection,

d - support just one superclass (parent*) slot
e - support multiple parent* slots

/Klaus