Recovering from a bad crash...

Rich Warren rwmlist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 08:36:58 UTC 2006

I was trying to run test cases for a project I'm working on, when I
started getting a lot of errors (Unwind errors, or something like
that). I eventually got them to stop, but a few seconds later the
entire squeak environment went black. I had to force quit (working on
a mac here), and when I tried to restart squeak, it appears to load,
but nothing shows up.

Is there any way to recover from something like this, or will I need
to go back to a fresh image? I have a fair bit of code already
written, and I'd rather not lose it.

I've had intermittent trouble with squeak locking up (usually as a
result of something I've done--but sometimes command-. doesn't fix
things and I have to force quit). Are there any steps I can take to
make squeak more stable?

Thanks,

-Rich-