Recovering from a bad crash...

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Aug 26 13:41:00 UTC 2006

Basically it is really rare that you lose your code in smalltalk (may
if you disc is totally full).
never throw away an image and its change file after a crash. You can
do a recover from last changes or I never remeber the item name in
the changes menu.
The changes is a log of all the actions you performed.

In addtion I suggest you to sue monticello so that you publish you
code on a remote server (and you house can burn
and the code is still saved) and also automatically backed up on your
local disc.

So with changes + MC
normally you should never lose code

Stef

Could you let us know what exactly crahsed your system because
normally squeak is quite robust.