Recovering from a bad crash...

Rich Warren rwmlist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 01:25:01 UTC 2006

I had to get rid of the image, but I was able to load the changes
from the old image to the new image, so I didn't lose any code. (I'm
not sure if I did it the best way, but it seems to have worked--was a
bit of a pain, however). I'm also backing up my image nightly now to
a remote server--so I hope there are no future problems.

I was modifying the Balloon3D tutorial to make it print function
classes (I will be using 30-dimension functions to test a ML
implementation--but I wanted to print out the 2D versions to visually
inspect the surfaces).

It may have been a memory issue. Previously I had tried to create a
500 x 500 mesh, and bad things started to happen. That locked up the
UI and command-period didn't save me. I force quit squeak and
restarted, and everything seemed fine.

I was then debugging the function class code. I don't remember
exactly what I was doing, but I was in the debugger at the time. I
started getting error messages, something about an "error when
unwinding?" Anyway, the message kept popping up, and nothing I did
would get rid of them. Then everything went black.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the advice and support!

-Rich-