Recovering from a bad crash...

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Aug 29 07:38:16 UTC 2006

With MC you can setup different package based on different work
components, then save every hour, day, week etc.
later you can go back and compare to where you where on july 24th..
etc.  So not only do you get the benefit of storing
things elsewhere for backup purposes, you then get to release
management and the ability to compare and contrast different versions of
your code.

For the mac vm.

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/html/squeakinfoplist.html

SqueakMaxHeapSize, set to size that is workable for your application,
likely a range of a couple of MB to under 2GB.

On 28-Aug-06, at 2:16 AM, Rich Warren wrote:

> I looked at monticello, as I understand it, I don't think it will
> be a big help (at least not that I'm now doing nightly backups of
> the image to my .mac account). My current setup is automated, and
> monticello would force me to manually commit changes, so it would
> actually be a step backwards.
>
> But, I may have missed something important.
>
> On another note, is there any way to control the amount of memory
> the VM is using? Particularly on the Mac?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Rich-
===