Thoughts from an outsider

Hiren Thacker hithacker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 10:36:06 UTC 2006

On 8/31/06, Rich Warren <rwmlist at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think there are a couple of other barriers to Squeak in particular.
> I think the user interface is a huge one. Let's just say, the UI for
> 3.8 seems a bit...how should I say it...aesthetically challenged. 3.9
> looks like it will be a big step forward, but it's still not great.
>
> There's also a pretty serious learning curve before you can even use
> the interface. I'm sure halos have driven away more than one
> potential user. They seem so foreign at first.

Not all thinks this way(may be little but still are there), so you can not
generalize that conclusion.

I seriously had one day learning curve with Squeak UI (obviously it differs
from person to person) (i came from Java Swing background). I found Squeak
UI more *initiative and usable*.
Personally i don't agree that halos are scary.
I think user aesthetics is personal issue.

Just my 0.002 Rupees
--
Hiren J.Thacker [ www.jroller.com/page/daredevil ]