Traits in use (was Re: Re: Squeak and Namespaces)

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 21:53:30 UTC 2006

On 12/1/06, Klaus D. Witzel <klaus.witzel at cobss.com> wrote:
> Hi Avi,
>
> I do not believe that you haven't used the trait concept for real-world
> problems (no offense).

Klaus,

No offense, but I was asking for practice and you're giving me more
theory.  My question wasn't about traits.  It was about Traits.
There's a big difference between using a concept/pattern, and using a
particular implementation, and I was asking about the latter.  Yes,
given that we use traits all the time, Traits ought to be a big win,
but I'd love to see some evidence to confirm that.

Avi