Squeak and Namespaces

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 3 08:13:10 UTC 2006

>From: goran at krampe.se
>To: The general-purpose Squeak developers
>Subject: RE: Squeak and Namespaces
>Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 23:14:23 +0200
>
>This "ugliness" notion is interesting since I personally think
>WAComponent is uglier than Component etc.

I find WAComponent and Component about the same, but WA::Component I find
unappealing.

>I wonder what situation would give you "lots of conflicting names".
>AFAIK it is still pretty uncommon.

But in the solution I was responding to there were about 5 classes called
"User".

>And again, even if there ARE 4 projects using say "Component" - it is
>not typically so that you happen to have all 4 in your image at the same
>time.

I'm confused here.  You mean all 4 in different namespaces?  Because if so,
then I can give you an example.  I use Pier.  It pulls in Magritte and
Seaside.  All three have a Component class.