Smalltalk bounty (Re: Squeak and Namespaces)

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 3 19:07:49 UTC 2006

>From: Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
>To: The general-purpose Squeak developers
>Subject: Re: Squeak and Namespaces
>Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 23:06:02 +0100 (MET)
>
>On Dec 2, 2006, at 22:32 , J J wrote:
>
>>As far as what is the best solution for namespaces, here is my  personal
>>pick:
>>
>>http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-
>>November/111762.html
>>
>>No new syntax (I think), and it gives a lot more then just prefixes.
>
>This sounds like it would be realizable with Squeak's #environment  hooks.
>Are you up to implementing a prototype so we could try it?
>
>- Bert -

Unfortunately no.  I have no time at all right now (new job, long hours,
long train ride, new child).  But it seems like that is a problem we all
have.

I know on mozilla they do a bounty system to get work done.  I know it has
been suggested before, but who all would be willing to put up at least $20
for something that needs to be done in smalltalk?  And the more jump in, the
less it would cost per person.  $10 from 100 people might get some work done
and might be easier to get then $20 from 50 people.

I know there has been concerns voiced about what happens if the code isn't
accepted, etc., but other groups do it.  Lets just try it and see how it
goes.