The website points would be users of squeak to 3.9 RC1 7061 not 7067. How come?

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 05:14:59 UTC 2006

The first thing you see at: http://www.squeak.org/

is

Squeak

News

*	2006-09-08: Squeak 3.9 is announced.
Congratulations. Download links and ftp archives are
not yet updated.
*	2006-09-07: Squeak Weekly News are back:
http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/
*	2006-05-26: 3.8 current download for MacOS has
updated vm to Squeak 3.8.12beta4U.app.zip
etc.
-----

Clicking on Squeak 3.9 starts the download to your
system of the out of date Squeak 3.9 RC1 7061.

This seems to me wrong in two ways and dangerous.

First it seems odd to me that clicking the news item
starts the download rather than directing you to a
download page.

Secondly is seems odd and dangerous for any reputation
squeak might want to build for itself that the main
page of the website starts off with such old news.

I leave it to the board and the web team to work out
policy and practice to correct this.

Yours in service, --Jerome Peace