sample application of Traits usage

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at technion.ac.il
Sun Dec 10 20:53:12 UTC 2006

There is a paper about how to use Traits to partition the code in the
collections hierarchy in a way that removes some code duplication, and
actually exposes some of the abstractions more logically than the
current "flat" structure. Implementing it (or part of it) in 3.9 might
make for a good example, and clean up some code that can use it.

The domain of streams, being a common multiple inheritance example,
might be similarly improved using Traits, though some might argue that
dynamic composition is more appropriate there (I myself am not sure).

Daniel