[ANN] SUnit-#publishedSuites

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 14:43:59 UTC 2006

stephane ducasse wrote:
> Hi keith
>
> could you give an example to make clear the point of selectable list.
>
> Stef
>

>> In short, this extends the TestRunner to provide a selectable list of
>> test suites published by test classes.
>>
>> e.g.
>>
>> StandardTests
>> LongTests
>> Squeak310Tests
>> Squeak39Tests
>> KnownIssues
>> PerformanceMeasures
The point of the selectable list is demonstrated by the fact that
LongTestCase has been in SUnit for a while suggesting that there is a
case for optional suites of tests, yet there has been no UI support for
toggling the value of RunLongTestCases.

I have added this code to SUnit (in ST/X) for almost 7 years which
allows a test case to publish suites. I used this in order to support a
product which simulated several releases of a piece of hardware, all in
a single image.

This selectable list allows you to select "All Standard Tests" and
"LongTests".

It allows you to select "All Standard Tests" and "Squeak310Tests"
specific to a 310 release.

It allos you to define additional suites such as "Performance Measures"
which will be slow but generate a performance report on various features.

It provides a slot for putting tests that do not yet work "known
issues", or "todo" items.

does that help?

best regards

Keith