Iterative development with MCConfigurations

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Dec 14 18:30:41 UTC 2006

On Dec 14, 2006, at 0:39 , Michael Rueger wrote:

> stephane ducasse wrote:
>> But why we can't you save your MCConfig in a method of a class
>> that you version.?
>
> That's what we also do, but that is a little more complicated. For
> most people just saving a properly named MC config is just what
> they need :-)

That actually works quite well. impara developed it for Plopp. In
principle, you just have a MC package with one class having a number
of configuration methods. This package is updated, and the latest
config in it is then loaded. You can see a public version of that in
Sophie:

	http://source.sophieproject.org/Sophie.html

Look at class SophieReleaseBuilderDeveloper (in package Sophie-
Releases). On the class side you can see all the configuration
methods. This is a subclass of

	ConfigMapReleaseBuilder (in package Deployment-Configs)

which contains the configuration-to-method conversion routines.

- Bert -