Mantis/Installer proposed new convention

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 18 05:09:26 UTC 2006

You can now install a bug fix from mantis using

Installer fixBug: 4874.

how about that!

To achieve this I have updated Installer to look for code embedded in a
mantis page in a user supplied note marked like so. e.g.

{fix}
Installer mantis bug: 4874 fix: 'Join.4.cs'.
"{test}"
Installer mantis bug: 4874 fix: 'JoinTest.1.cs'.
{/fix}

I propose that this might be adopted as a new mantis convention for
publishing completed ready to harvest fixes.

If you only want the bug fix and are not interested in the test code then

Installer justFixBug: 4874.

will do the trick.

To be informed if a bugfix that you are loading from mantis might have
been updated you can also give installer a date to check against.

Installer fixBug: 4874 date: '12-18-06'.

what do you think?

best regards

Keith