writing image segments directly to disk

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Dec 19 10:01:21 UTC 2006

Hi Avi,

since a swap (page) file has a disk component, it is possibly sufficient
to just allocate from the OS's virtual memory, as part of the [enhanced]
primitive. Then the code which now works on the pre-allocate WordArray
might be reused as-is. Of course the swap (page) file size must reflect
the corresponding OS memory allocation. Besides code re-use, speed might
be another advantage when using the OS's virtual memory services.

/Klaus