parallel port access on Linux

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Fri Feb 3 19:54:58 UTC 2006

Jecel Assumpcao Jr a écrit :
> I was easily able to use the parallel port from Squeak in Windows with
> the DLL and change set from the IOST package at
> http://www.smalltalking.net/Goodies/Squeak/
>
> Some people, however, are asking for my help getting this to work on a
> Linux machine. There was a thread here in April 15 of last year with
> some code posted by Thimon and there have been similar threads in the
> past including some advice by Ned Konz. Since there are many
> alternatives, all require at least some work and none which is obvious
> superior to the others, it would be great if people could share their
> experiences and/or insights about this.

Yes, we made some work on parallel port in order to link Squeak to
robotic modules. Look at our SqueakBot project here :
http://www.iutc3.unicaen.fr/serge/SqueakBot

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##