Truncation and round off

Peace Jerome peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 03:05:20 UTC 2006

In

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-February/100365.htmlnicolas

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com wrote
Sun Feb 5 02:00:17 CET 2006

at length about truncation and roundoff libraries and
that squeak's is incomplete compared with others.

I'd like to add that this incompleteness is part of a
problem morphic has in displaying graphics. See:

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2453

Summary		0002453:
[Bugs] What is the extent of a truncated rectangle?

The basic problem was that truncation and rounding did
not mix well with rectangles. Particularly when
rectangels were mixing with rendering Transformation
morphs.

Part of the solution would be to have more choices
particular ceiling and floor options for rectangles
(an by extention Points.) I was headed in that
direction as  I attempted fixes to the errors. If a
set of vocabularies exist that would also make squeak
more compatable with other smalltalks and we have all
the necessary permissions to include them. Then I say
squeak could use them. The sooner the better.

Yours in service, -- Jerome Peace