mac carbon VM goes to unix file names, testers needed

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Mon Feb 6 09:47:51 UTC 2006

Because the Mac VM sends MacRoman and the 3.8 image expects Latin1,
because on MacOS the language environment defaults to Latin1.
However, the info.plist ignores any spelling of Latin1 or iso-8859-1
I tried.  So UTF-8 is the thing that both VM and image could agree
upon, but that's not automatic, as I wrote in my last message.

- Bert -

Am 06.02.2006 um 10:18 schrieb John M McIntosh:

> Well we noticed over the weekend, that a folder name like "Caño del
> día" show the ñ and í correctly in a 3.7 image, but in a 3.8 image
> these
> are mangled into something else. So why is that?
>
> On 6-Feb-06, at 12:54 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
>> Am 03.02.2006 um 23:28 schrieb John M McIntosh:
>>
>>>  Interested parties should email me and I'll send them a VM
>>
>> Send one my direction, please.
>
> Sent.

Thanks.