A Better (different) WeakArray

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Sat Feb 11 18:20:21 UTC 2006

Il giorno sab, 11/02/2006 alle 16.45 +0100, stéphane ducasse ha scritto:
> On 11 févr. 06, at 16:16, Giovanni Corriga wrote:
>
> > Il giorno sab, 11/02/2006 alle 11.47 +0100, stéphane ducasse ha
> > scritto:
> >> By the way, I think that if someone or a group of people would step
> >> in to fix this problem,
> >> the foundation would really like to support this initiative with some
> >> money.
> >> Else I do not understand what is our role. So we could be a
> >> consortium and create a money pot
> >> for fixing this problem.
> >>

> > Would bounties be a good idea?
>
> Explain to me how this would be working?
> I really think that we should bootstrap soon.
>
> Avi already said that he was interested in participating (bounties
> for speed up of MC).

The Foundation could offer a bounty on some features or problems which
are needed. The first developer to provide a working implementation of a
feature or solution to a problem gets the corresponing bounty.
Examples of things for which the foundation could offer a bounty are:
- speedup of MC
- speedup of OmniBrowser
- a test suite for the Collections cathegory
etc.

	Giovanni