how to? mantis

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Feb 13 20:49:25 UTC 2006

On 13.02.2006, at 21:39, nicolas cellier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> found the bug (Character>>sameAs:) lacking in 3.8 (make some VB-
> regex fail).
>
> Searched mantis with simple filters regex then sameAs, found
> nothing matching.
>
> Checked in a 3.9 image, it is corrected OK.
> I attach the test and patch for older image, in case any one
> interested.
>
> Is there a corresponding entry in mantis ?

I well be that there is no entry in Mantis... I think sameAs: comes
from the RB
package (and thus might be a VisualWorks compatibility method).

Many developers have the RB installed, and everyone thus used
all the extensions without thinking. This was one of the reasons why we
moved everything that made sense over from RB into 3.9 (and fixed
RB to not use those that made no sense...).

And this bugs was fixed by that, I guess.

For 3.8: We now have a Project on Mantis for "Squeak 3.8". So this
is the right place to make bug reports for all those tiny bugs that
are in 3.8 but already fixed in 3.9...

There will be a 3.8.1 soon were a lot of those small bugs can be fixed.

       Marcus