Posting Fixes (was Re: Use of == for arithmetic equality)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Feb 14 15:41:51 UTC 2006

stéphane ducasse wrote:
> Sure cees
> this is working well for simple package oriented fixes.
> But now it would be good that we get the changes! Look at the Network
> team for example. Should frank stack that in the team and we get something
> in the future (instead of now and getting done).

Given that this code does neither have any cross-cutting requirements
and doesn't even fix anything that's broken I don't see why you have the
urge to push this in right now. As a matter of fact, I'm somewhat
concerned about these changes and would like them to be reviewed - there
are various places where the pattern "foo == 0" is absolutely
appropriate and where #= should *not* be used and I wonder whether these
places have been taken into account properly.

> And each team can do a merge after. Else we can have endless discussions.
> See the Fix of TextAnchor of lukas.

Where was this endless discussion?

Cheers,
   - Andreas