referencing objects (newbie)

Corneanu Dan cdan at savatech.ro
Fri Feb 17 20:33:58 UTC 2006

Eddie Hillenbrand wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just downloaded Squeak two days ago, so far I love it.  I want to
> use it to teach my little sister how to program.  But first I need
> some help figuring out the basics.

If you are preparing to teach someone then make sure she/he will have
fun or else there is much chance to bore her/him.

You can use E-Toys / User Scripting. You can create your morphs using
the 'Supplies' drawer or painting one yourself. Then just select it and
open it's halos (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3546). Click on the
one with a little eye (open a Viewer for me). From here on you can start
building scripts for your morph.

Here are some good starting points:
http://www.squeakland.org/school/drive_a_car/html/Drivecar12.html
http://squeakland.org/whatis/tutorials.html

Of course there is also the old boring way of instances, references,
message selectors, variables etc.

Good luck !