unix bug, delete directory prim fails, but directory exists is true, mantis 0002907

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Feb 18 02:46:31 UTC 2006

I opened mantis bug 2907 to report an  interesting Sophie SUnit
failure under Unix where we delete a working directory
but fail, because the directory does not exist. However sending
exists to the directory returns true, which of course was our test to
avoid
deleting a directory that does not exist.

This is a unix vm issue where it caches the last used directory,
however if you delete the directory, well it still *thinks* it is around
and of course still has it open... Perhaps as noted in the mantis
report a viable fix would be to whack the cached info when you
ask squeak to delete the directory when that directory is the cached
directory.

I'll note I'll post a mac carbon unixpath name aware VM 3.8.10b8
later this weekend that has a fix in it for this problem.

===