Traits in 6724

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Sat Feb 18 11:21:02 UTC 2006

Hi Alex,

> Is there some hided menu in the code browser ? How can I add and
> define new traits ?

There used to be menu entries to add and create new traits.
Apparently this was lost somewhere in recent 3.9a changes... Ok, this
is caused by the Services package that overrides the method
messageListMenu:shifted:.

> I dusted off what I did some time ago. The changeset I attached to
> this email offers a minimal support for traits in current browser,
> while waiting for the OB-based trait browser...
>
> [...]
> I am not sure it makes sense to include it in a new release of
> squeak, but I had to use this changeset if I want to use traits...

yes, maybe we should include this. I haven't done it because it had
some issues and because Daniel argued that it would make more sense
to push forward the Traits OmniBrowser instead of hacking the old
browser.

Cheers,
Adrian