Celeste status

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sat Feb 18 19:53:43 UTC 2006

I am interested in the current status of Celeste. Who of you uses it
regularly? Is there a new version in the works? Does anyone work on
adapting it to 3.9?

I just moved my Celeste image from 3.7 to 3.9alpha and it was an
interesting experience. I found some issues and would like to post them
on Mantis. What is the correct Mantis project for this: Squeak or Squeak
Packages?

One thing I found is that my index file was corrupt. I tracked it down
to a MIME-encoded subject with a CR in it. I have no good fix for it
yet. I fixed it manually. Has anyone of you encountered this?

I use Celeste as my secondary mail client. However, for Squeak I use it
exclusively. I have now 175050 messages so I am putting it under heavy
load. For that database size it is remarkably performant. However, some
things are just too slow so I do not do them anymore like finding
duplicates.

I thought of splitting my mail database by time to make it smaller but I
like the fact that I can search for all mails about a certain topic in
one step. So, I would be interested in working together to make it even
faster.

- Bernhard