Celeste status

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Tue Feb 21 00:07:06 UTC 2006

Marcus Denker <denker at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> > Bernhard Pieber <bernhard at pieber.com> wrote:
> >> I just moved my Celeste image from 3.7 to 3.9alpha and it was an
> >> interesting experience. I found some issues and would like to post
> >> them
> >> on Mantis. What is the correct Mantis project for this: Squeak or
> >> Squeak
> >> Packages?
> > I am replying to my own message because I just found the answer to my
> > question. There is already a category named Celeste in the Squeak
> > project on Mantis. It seems that this project is to be used for all
> > the
> > packages in the full image.
>
> Yes... but I am not sure if that makes sense in the future... I would
> like
> to divide and conquer the bugs a bit more: Having 300 items in one
> project does not make too much sense.
>
> So I would propose Squeak Packes. In the long run I would like
> to have a complete independend bug tracking for packages: No
> need to clutter all those stuff in single lists, IMHO.
Is there a way to search in Mantis in more than one project at once? If
not, I would prefer to keep all the bugs in full packages in the Squeak
project. Wouldn't filtering of categories work for keeping the overview?
Categories could look like that:
Basic: Kernel
Basic: Collections
Full: Shout

But these are just my 2 euro cents. If you still prefer I will happily
put Celeste bugs into Squeak Packages! ;-) The Celeste category should
be moved to Squeak Packages then. (The categories could use a little
cleanup, by the way.) Who can do such things in Manis?

Thanks for your support!
Cheers,
Bernhard