Celeste status

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Feb 21 00:07:15 UTC 2006

Bernhard Pieber wrote on Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:44:00 +0100
> My short term goals are much more modest:
> 1. Make Celeste work again in 3.9. That means at least:
> - Use StandardFileStream where appropriate.
> - Fix the bug where a subject contains a CR which corrupts the index
> file.
> - Use 32 bits instead of 16 bits for the message ids in the category
> file.

When moving to 3.8 I changed Celeste to use StandardFileStream in a few
places. I haven't run across the subject with CR bug but did find
several others.

> 2. Find at least one fellow user who usese the same code base than me
> and wants to stay there. ;-)

The first step in my case would be to clean up the single change set I
have been using so others can use it as well. It has stuff left over
from debugging (inserting "halt" then removing it), patches to
FastSockets that Göran fixed in a different way, changes to make it 3.8
compatible, changes to deal with bad emails and so on.

Previously I was in a similar situation regarding eIRC but eventually
managed to move to the official version.

> 3. Find some people to discuss various Celeste design issues with.

This list is probably the best place.

-- Jecel