An interesting input technology and a Croquet like environment

Tansel Ersavas tansel at squeakonline.com
Tue Feb 21 07:26:22 UTC 2006

For those who may be interested

This is an interesting multi-touch capable screen demo. Great for
gestures, etc. Also would be interesting to see how such an idea could
be utilized in Croquet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp-y3ZNaCqs

Another cool thing that could be utilized as Croquet input is the
SpacePad. There are a few other things in the market but this seems to
be a reasonable system for experimentation. I am currently assisting a
project where motion capture is a big part so have been looking into
many mo-cap systems. Most of them are prohibitively expensive. This is
not a mo-cap system but can be used as a VR input system.

http://www.ascension-tech.com/products/spacepad.php
Also an interesting group of 3D dwellers are growing in a virtual
environment called second life. I am sure Croquet guys are aware but
just in case anyone is missing it is an environment worth checking out.

http://www.secondlife.com

Tansel