Squeak on PDA

Guillaume Grondin grondin at ensm-douai.fr
Tue Feb 21 11:33:33 UTC 2006

Hello,

The error was a failure of the primitive
 Socket>>primSocket:sendUDPData:toHost:port:startIndex:count:

****** Socket>>sendUDPData:toHost:port: ******

sendUDPData: t1 toHost: t2 port: t3
    | t4 t5 t6 |
    t4 := t1 size.
    t5 := 0.
    [t5 < t4]
        whileTrue: [(self waitForSendDoneFor: 20)
                ifFalse: [ConnectionTimedOut signal: 'send data timeout;
data not sent'].
            t6 := self
                        primSocket: socketHandle
                        sendUDPData: t1
                        toHost: t2
                        port: t3
                        startIndex: t5 + 1
                        count: t4 - t5.
            t5 := t5 + t6].
    ^ t5

However, it seems that there is no failure anymore when using sendData:
instead of sendUDPData.

Guillaume

Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
> Guillaume,
>
> Would you like explain what was the problem with socket on PocketPC ?
>
> Noury
> Le 20 févr. 06, à 22:50, Yoshiki Ohshima a écrit :
>
>>   Hello,

>>> Together with people from Douai, I made some experiment.
>>> The VM is tagged alpha. So, it is supposed incomplete.
>>> For instance, there is no socket support.
>>
>>   Hmm.  I used to do socket programming with the VM on Pocket PC (iPAQ
>> 3600 and friends.)  Some things may have changed since then, though...
>>
>>   And, no.  I haven't updated the VM.  Sorry.
>>
>> -- Yoshiki

> Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
> Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
> http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury
>
> European Smalltalk Users Group Board
> http://www.esug.org
>
> Squeak: an Open Source Smalltalk
> http://www.squeak.org

Guillaume Grondin
Elève-Chercheur en Informatique
Département GIP, Ecole des Mines de Douai
941, rue Charles Bourseul
BP 10838 - 59508 Douai Cedex
Tél : (+33) (0) 3 27 71 24 53
Fax : (+33) (0) 3 27 71 29 17