An interesting input technology and a Croquet like environment

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Feb 21 14:48:10 UTC 2006

Blake wrote on Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:30:34 -0800
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:28:44 -0800, stéphane ducasse
> <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
>
> > soon I hope we will get the same screens as the one in minority report :)
>
> No way.
>
> All that overacting?
>
> I'd throw out my shoulder moving those screens around.

Actually, you might find the quick, small gestures to be more of a
problem. We could replace those with voice input and have something
nobody had ever thought of before!

http://www.media.mit.edu/speech/papers/1980/bolt_SIGGRAPH80_put-that-the
re.pdf
http://www.media.mit.edu/speech/sig_videos.html

-- Jecel
P.S.: it is still Alan Kay's job to point out that everything was
already done in the 1960s. I will limit myself to the late 1970s at the
earliest until he retires ;-)