KEDAMA for squeak 3.8 ?

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Feb 21 16:43:10 UTC 2006

On 21.02.2006, at 17:26, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Marcus Denker a écrit :
>
>> I plugin likely, and then squeakland 3.8 is *not* Squeak 3.8, it
>> has  seen hundreds of patches and enhancements (Kedama is one of
>> them),
>> So to get it to run in 3.8, it would be best to re-integrate all
>> the  SqueakLand changesets (ca. 150).
>> There are plans to do this for 3.8.1 (and 3.9a), but integrating
>> these numbers patches at once is quite time-consuming, so nobody
>> has  done
>> that till now.
>

> Is doing the job for 3.8.1 and 3.9a will be the same?

No, as 3.9 has seen changes, so just filing in the changesets won't
be it. At least it needs to be checked if there are overlaps.
But we are thinking about making one big changeset that encodes the
delta from 3.8 to squeakland and use that...
but I'm not yet sure if it's not simpler to do it step-by-step.

3.8.1 should be simpler, and Michael is already working on that.

> Practically what are the needed skills to do this integration?

Don't know... looking at changesets, were they are overlapping with
earlier changes, integrating those... stuff like that.

        Marcus