An interesting input technology and a Croquet like environment

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Wed Feb 22 01:47:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:26:22 +1100, Tansel Ersavas
<tansel at squeakonline.com> wrote:

> Also an interesting group of 3D dwellers are growing in a virtual
> environment called second life. I am sure Croquet guys are aware but
> just in case anyone is missing it is an environment worth checking out.

I've been playing in SL for almost a year now, and its a fascinating place.
I build and sell flying vehicles in there, which involves a lot of
scripting.

One of the technologies they are planning to transition to is using Mono as
the next VM for the scripting engine. Interesting, Mono is an open source
implementation of the .NET universal VM, which will allow people in SL to
eventually script in whatever language they are comfortable with, including
Smalltalk...

If anyone from here does manage to make it into SL, look me up -- my user
name in there is Jon Marlin.

Later,
Jon