1 day left for Squeak elections!

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:55:50 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com> wrote:
> >> Total authorized voters: 343
> >> Actual votes cast so far: 125
> >>
> This says to me that the community, although
> small, cares about
> leadership and where squeak is heading.

Well... As a fraction of squeak-dev subscribers, we're at roughly
10%... Maybe I'm a pessimist (unlikely) or maybe my expectations are
too high, but that's not really much. It's probably enough to declare
a usable election result, but I really do hope that next year, we can
make a leap to a substantially higher proportion of list subscribers
(which, I think, is maybe half of the community of squeak developers -
purely a guesstimate from the number of people I meet who are involved
in various open source projects but don't subscribe to the
accompanying mailing lists).