problem in porting from smalltalk

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Fri Feb 24 10:16:19 UTC 2006

On Feb 24, 2006, at 9:10 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> andreas may be VW people got first the wrong name, but using a
> consistent one is better I think.

Being consistent with the thinking and naming conventions of some
Java folks, who might want to drop in, wouldn't hurt either.
Especially as they might have a bigger problem to change their
"bindings" than the VW-folks... ;-)

And to me "annotations" seems to be a much more telling word than
"pragma" (though "attribute" from C# seems to be the more polymorph...)

See also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annotation
"Differences in computer languages have given rise to a variety of
words for programmer-added metadata, including annotation (Java),
attribute (C#), pragma (C), and metadata (HTML)."

Cheers,

Markus