1 day left for Squeak elections!

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Feb 24 11:18:38 UTC 2006

On 24.02.2006, at 12:05, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> Marcus Denker puso en su mail :
>
>> It is of course the decision of the new SqF board what to do with
>> 3.9a, if the
>> board decides that it is complete crap, they should throw it away.
> If 3.9 was the good product what you believe, what its the logic of
> a 3.8.1
> release ?

Bugfixes? Every software project in the world does this: There are
stable and unstable
  branches of Linux, for example.
This is industry practice, and good one. It was just ignored by the
Squeak community until now.

> All time I read about legal consequences of using Squeak, what if
> Disney
> charges who cause actual Squeak don't read jpg  because they just
> wish base
> his killer app on this ?

Not that I understant what you are saying...
But in general: How are the legal problems with the license related
to what we added to 3.9a?

> And people what only have poor dial up connection what in old good
> times
> connect and retrieve updates (as Smalland SqueakPlugin-dev.image
> still
> does) .
>
> Now they should pay huge money if wish do the 12 mb download each
> few days.

This is indeed a problem that I, too want to see fixed. The current
setup with
MC is far from perfect.

> I see you are working on the new releases now, and I know you are a
> good a
> dedicated Squeaker, so maybe things improve soon.
>
> And all my sends was complete ignored, so I fix my own Squeak , do
> tutorials, train students, and sit and wait until winds change.

Are your changes in the Mantis Bugtracker? Keep in mind that there
are over 300 items
in the bug tracker... we can not garantee to react on everything
directly.

         Marcus