1 day left for Squeak elections!

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Feb 24 12:04:54 UTC 2006

Marcus Denker puso en su mail :

> Not that I understant what you are saying...
> But in general: How are the legal problems with the license related
> to what we added to 3.9a?
3.9.7001 could use jpg ? No ? 3.9. 6705 yes, so someone broke and I want jpg
back.

> This is indeed a problem that I, too want to see fixed. The current
> setup with
> MC is far from perfect.
Then use plain old .cs , as in old good times, I have cable modem, but I
guess many, many people wish udpate often and have only unreliable dial-up.

> Are your changes in the Mantis Bugtracker? Keep in mind that there
> are over 300 items
> in the bug tracker... we can not garantee to react on everything
> directly.

You are saying same thing different, Mantis is difficult, and real masters
are busy for reviewing things.

In one case I have a two years wait for a trivial fix and my original send
was great improved by Scott Wallace.
His explain of how the all thing should be is one of the first what I show
to my students of very good Squeak code and things to note.
And still all community should wait two years...

I send a proposal for unify the different clases, globals, etc what keep
pictures into image and example to my own team and still  waiting why is not
a good solution.
And this is crucial for shrink the image properly...

Send proposal for cleaning Morph and same.

Send fixes for Nebraska to Yoshiki , but he is overloaded with work and is
the final authority for the subject.

But It's not about me, I could be happy with my own things, and never send
another mail.

You are a master, so don't overreact to complaints, I was the Advocatus
Diaboli because nobody want be the most hated Squeaker :=)

Edgar