1 day left for Squeak elections!

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Feb 24 12:27:22 UTC 2006

On 24.02.2006, at 13:04, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> Marcus Denker puso en su mail :
>
>> Not that I understant what you are saying...
>> But in general: How are the legal problems with the license related
>> to what we added to 3.9a?
> 3.9.7001 could use jpg ? No ? 3.9. 6705 yes, so someone broke and I
> want jpg
> back.

Ah, there is a bug in the Traits implementation wrt. to primitives.
The Traits guys
now how to fix it, so this will be definitely fixed soon.

You know, 3.9 is in "alpha" which means: "Please test, but we are
sure that there
are problems".

> You are saying same thing different, Mantis is difficult, and real
> masters
> are busy for reviewing things.
>
> In one case I have a two years wait for a trivial fix and my
> original send
> was great improved by Scott Wallace.
> His explain of how the all thing should be is one of the first what
> I show
> to my students of very good Squeak code and things to note.
> And still all community should wait two years...

Yes, these cases happen... and this used to be *very* much worse in the
past!

We tried to improve getting community submissions in, but this does
not mean
that there is a garantee of having a reaction to everything you send.

> I send a proposal for unify the different clases, globals, etc what
> keep
> pictures into image and example to my own team and still  waiting
> why is not
> a good solution.
> And this is crucial for shrink the image properly...

So, did you add this this mantis? Stuff sent to the list by email are
lost
very soon.

> Send proposal for cleaning Morph and same.

There is a Team for Morphic. Are you on the Mailinglist?

      Marcus