problem in porting from smalltalk

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 24 18:08:40 UTC 2006

Yup, I sure did. Mostly because I was concerned about the IP aspects.
But keep in mind that my rant was a meta rant and (in this case) pointed
at using the name Pragma where one only has to look at
http://www.google.com/search?q=define:+pragma to see that pragma
describes not what these annotations are being used for and that
therefore the "consistency" argument is really a "compatibility"
argument, e.g., VW uses that bad name so we have to use the same bad
name. And there is really no point in that unless you want to write a VW
clone.

Cheers,
   - Andreas