MIDI Time Code synchronization working

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Feb 24 21:44:24 UTC 2006

Hi--

	I wanted to record MIDI events in synchrony with my multi-track audio
recorder, so I wrote a MIDIRecorder which chases the MIDI Time Code that
the audio recorder puts out. I interpolated the SMPTE quarter-frame
messages that MTC uses (every 1/120 second) into 1ms slices for
timestamps. I recorded an accelerating drum roll as audio and MIDI and
played them back together; they stayed in phase within 1ms. Cool!

	The MIDIRecorder also does the right thing with the MIDI Machine
Control messages that the recorder puts out. I already wrote support for
a control surface (the MotorMix), so it should be fun to put it all
together.

-C

--
Craig Latta