mac carbon mpeg plugin goes to 1.5.1b1

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Feb 27 03:35:44 UTC 2006

I've posted a new mpeg plugin to my idisk   v 1.5.1b1

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

Follow the link to the idisk, then to the experimental directory for
mpeg3Plugin.1.5.1b1.bundle.zip

This version of the mpeg plugin adds the feature to deposit bits
directly into a form with an offset,
so for example a 800x600 video image to a full screen squeak 1024x768
Display object and avoid a bitblt to copy the form to the Display.
This can reduce your CPU overhead by 24% or so.

The required change sets are on the SVN server, cross platform, mpeg
plugin.

I'll note that V1.5.0 of the plugin added the feature to support
reading an mpeg file from a memory buffer, versus from a file thus
allowing you to embedd small mp3 ring tones in your squeak image and
play them back without having them have to go to disk.

Other platforms, windows, linux are welcome to compile for their
target platforms.

===