Mirroring SqueakSource repositories?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Tue Feb 28 09:52:41 UTC 2006

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Does anybody know if it's possible to basically mirror SqueakSource
> repositories? What I'm looking for is something where I can have a
> downstream repository that (for simple purposes of added reliability)
> mirrors an upstream repository. While this can be done manually, it's
> kinda tedious to do this for a number of repositories so I'm interested
> in an automated way of doing this.
>
> Any ideas?

For my own HTTP repositories I just wget with a cron job. I presume you're
looking for something a bit more intelligent?

It'd be handy if a Monticello repository could subscribe to another
repository, and that repository could use MCVersionNotification to notify
the downstream repository. Right now it looks like MCVersionNotification
only notifies via mail, but I don't think it'd be too hard (he says not
knowing MC's source at all) to allow one to put arbitrary URLs in the
'notify' file, and MCVersionNotification would do the right thing when it
read 'mailto:foo at bar' or 'sip:foo at bar' or 'http://rss.foo.bar/', or
'mc://foo.bar'.

frank