Steward teams

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 09:12:13 UTC 2006

On 1/2/06, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> OTOH, why force the matter? If you think that Files and Network should
> be combined into a single team, you can propose that right now. There
> isn't really a need to make a top-down decision by saying "these are the
> teams and that's it".

Well, the idea is to move towards a model where all patches/bugreports
etcetera in Mantis land with anyone team, the teams modify the code,
and the 'release team' (like v3.9a) only integrates. At the moment,
most of the image is not carved out so the 3.9a team still bears the
burden of going through Mantis, doing bugfixing work, etcetera -
detracting from integration, QA, and stuff I feel (and I hope others)
that a release team should be concentrating on.

And no, there's no top-down decision making here. Just a community
"decision" that this idea makes sense. So that we can actively hunt
for people who want to maintain these larger chunks of code instead of
having a very long list of PI's up representing possible teams.

As you say, no-one can force such a decision so if the current Morphic
team - as already has been indicated - wants to keep churning on
Morphic, who am I to override them? There are arguments before and
against putting them under one team, and in the end, all we can do is
present our arguments and let the team leader decide.