[Help] How do I find out who has to sign off on ST80 changes?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Jan 2 21:42:55 UTC 2006

Hi!

tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> Could we perhaps have some email aliases/group/whatever named 'MVC',
> 'Morphic' etc - pretty much every category and package - to which we
> can mail problems, suggestions and fixes. Each such name would
> forward to actual people or mail-lists. That way nobody needs to know
> the right person(s) by name. You simply email
> 'Collections at squeakfoundation.org'

I still repeat that SM is meant to do the first "mapping" for this stuff
like I described.

The steps are the following:

1. Map a "piece" of code to a PackageInfo. A method or a class, this
code is already there.

2. Given the PI, find the SMPackage. This is done using "SMSqueakMap
default packageWithPI: 'blabla' "

3. Given the SMPackage you get the owner, the maintainers and the
feedback email for the package. Done.

Now, I posted a ChangeSet to use this in the changesorters a LONG time
ago. Then Ned picked up that code and integrated into his
PackageInfo-Extras package - but AFAICT it was not fully tested.

> I'd suggest adding a few synonyms when possible and maybe some
> catchalls like 'updates' and 'release' and coordinator', whatever.

Might be useful indeed. The changeset is available here:

	http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=1730

I can to sit down and figure out what went wrong with the integration
with Ned's code and update it for 3.9.

regards, Göran