Why I am stepping down from SqF board and some ramblings (longish)

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Wed Jan 4 20:51:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, goran at krampe.se wrote:
[snip]
> It is also based on the fact that we *need* to rotate - I am the
> "oldest" trying to guide/lead/coordinate (note the emphasis on *trying*,
> I don't claim that I ever did a very good job, but I tried) since SqC
> and I don't want to be perceived as a "power hungry <insert choice of
> word here>" as some have painted me to be.
[snip]

Hmm. What words might I choose?

 	Flower?

"Goran is *such* a power hungry flower, man. If he goes to seed *one more
time*..."

 	Chipmunk?

"Whenever I think of chipmunks that have turned from the revolutionary
idealism in their youth to the rapacious filling of their cheeks with the
blood and sweat of the peasants, Goran comes to mind..."

 	Canvas?

"Now we can paint this power hungry canvas a whiter shade of pale! He is
*beyond* the pale! He is a neon PUCE!"

 	Lightbulb?

"We have to switch from Goran's to compact fluorescents...our electricity
bill is through the roof! Plus, these are extra dim too!"

 	Praiseworthy, hardworking, selfless, modest, all around nice guy?

Yeah, that last one really works for me.

Cheers,
Bijan.