Re: LEGO Group Unveils LEGO(r) MINDSTORMS™ NXT Robotics Toolset at Consumer Electronics Show

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jan 5 20:00:27 UTC 2006

On 5 janv. 06, at 20:08, Michael Haupt wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> On 1/5/06, Frank Caggiano <frankcag at crystal-objects.com> wrote:
>> [some very good news]
>
> thanks, Frank, that saved my day. :-)
>
> Speaking of which - I have heard that there was a Squeak VM running on
> the RCX (I don't mean the SqLego thing). Is that true, can I get hold
> of it?

No this is not true.
There were some packages creating the bytecodes to load in the brick.
Some people in australia and alex here at berne.

> In any case, if the new brick has the required capabilities, wouldn't
> it be nice to have a Smalltalk interpreter running on it? I'd like to
> contribute, if anybody wants my assistance.

What is the spec of that?
Because before it was 32k and RCX OS would take 16k.
With legoOS you would get 8k os and 24k for you.

I know that a guy did a really small Java kind of VM, so it would be
interesting to have the same.